Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Design Star Finale" or "Who Do More Design Star Judges Want To Do?"

Design Star ended Sunday night.



That's the end of my blog.



Well, not really (I know, I totally had you fooled, right?). So Sunday night I was all "Can't watch Design Star tonight, I gotta get to bed!" So I did, but then Monday morning I was all "I want more stuff to do at work!" I suppose this is one of those be careful what you wish for things, but uh. Anyway, here we are, and I've done something to my keyboard that makes quotation marks act funny... and I'm in IT... can't figure it out.

Anyway, Design Star! Here's the dizzle; Antonio won. I know. Here's the thizzle; The Girlfriend and I turned on the Design Star like three weeks in and immediately said "Oh, Antonio's the winner". Nothing has changed. Dan has had a number of moronic moves (ie. buying a gazebo with 40% of their backyard remodel budget). Antonio? He "decorated like a hobbit"-according to Vern, who totally has it out for Antonio -And I'll tell you why- He's all up in Dan's shizzy. That's right, all up in his shizzy. How then -you ask- does Antonio pull off the win when one of the judges clearly has an eye on Dan's bizzle? Easy! The other two judges are eyeing Antonio's bizzle. Don't believe it's as simple as that? You're wrong.

Really though, watch the last two episodes it's clear that the judges are divided along sexy lines-with sexy results! No sexy results, sorry. But there was some full house makeovers -ooh, remodels. Dan is all about mirrors, seriously, Dan's remodel had so many mirrors that the reflected light that escapes the house will actually help slow global warming -so many mirrors.

He also covered up a window, which both Vern and I think is stupid, but Vern wants his dizzle, so Vern thinks it works this time. Other than that, I'm not really sure what happened with Dan. There were some purple walls.

Antonio's remodel did not include 10,000 mirrors, but it did include 10,000 monkeys at 10,000 typewriters. That's not true. Honestly, I was attentively watching Design Star last night, there just wasn't much there. Maybe because they were remodeling a whole house, there was less time for individual items to stand out? Maybe the show was only 20 minutes long and I blacked out for 40 minutes... I'm not sure. One thing is certain, Antonio's remodel was better. Everyone thought so, except Vern, and we've been through that. The other thing that stood out to me, is that while Dan seems to get along fine with his carpenters, his relationship with them is very much like any other HGTV host; He's clearly separate from them. Antonio? Not so much. It's interesting, it's more than just a "Heeey, I'm a regular guy like you" thing. Antonio really can run a team of carpenters. It's an interesting difference between the two, and I think it resulted in Antonio getting better results.

Anywho, my most frantic and scattered blog to date will end as it started... well, it won't really. but it will end.



Long Live Antonio!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment