Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First blog entry/Mission statement

This is a critical moment in a man's life; his first blog entry.
This moment is by no means critical. I'm bored at work, that's all. I'd imagine the majority of content posted here will be posted in similar moments. I started this blog as a trial for the creation of a shared blog with my girlfriend... I assure you that blog (whatever it will be about) will be at least 150% funnier than mine.
I did not want to start a blog for nothing -I feel I should stop here and be honest; the "girlfriend blog" excuse is only to cover up my deep seeded narcissism. In truth, I did this to nurture the delusion (it could be argued that this could kill the delusion, but it's a strong delusion and failure is easily deflected) that my wit is somehow above that of the rest. That my blog will separate from the crowd and large masses of people will converge to get my opinion on the latest episode of "Hell's Kitchen", or some other such crap.
So, what do I have to blog about? I'm afraid I already gave it away; I watch too much TV. Not only do I watch to much TV but I have strong, informed opinions about the TV I watch. Not only do I have strong, informed opinions about the TV I watch, I firmly believe that those opinions are somehow better or different than the opinions of the millions of other people blogging their opinions about TV.
It's easy to have informed opinions about TV. To have informed opinions about current events or the like, I'd have to know all sorts of related information. TV is a medium in which I can claim expertise without any sort of qualifications, other than being able to program my DVR. It is in this spirit of superiority, narcissism, and mental laziness that I launch my blog.
I have not yet decided what shows I will bother to blog about, I'm feeling that "Hell's Kitchen" will be blogged about as it's running new episodes right now and doesn't have much competition for my attention. I'm also intrigued by "More to love" because of the high "freeway accident" factor it seems to be touting. I imagine I will also occasionally blog about movies, music, really anything I feel like. I'm pretty sure my massive audience won't mind.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment