Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Three things I have to say... one of them is a waste of your time.

Ok, I only have three things to briefly riff on today;

One. this:



I literally have nothing to say about this. I'm just glad it exists.

Number two: I have to post an official retraction/update to my post yesterday. The Girlfriend is in no way anything like Manga nerds. Manga nerds are all like "ooh, look at the newest Japanese thing that's come out of Japan, I'm in poor shape and I have bad skin" whereas the girlfriend's all "I'm way hot, and the best girlfriend the world has ever known. Also, I like the BBC"... See, there's no similarity and the fact that I indicated that there might be a similarity was nothing short of irresponsible.

Third and last: So You Think You Can Dance is fascinating to me. I know nothing about dancing, like not even a little bit, and I suspect that at least 75% of the viewership of this show is in the same situation. Why is it then that The Girlfriend and I sit in front of the TV commenting on the quality of the dance performance being presented to us? Why is the rest of the 75% of unknowledgable viewership doing the same thing? Honestly I can't say. I think it might have something to do with consumerism and the constant stream of information thrown at us. Something about the erosion of our ability to not have a strong opinion about anything. Also, maybe I'm the only one with that issue, and The Girlfriend's just along for the ride. Doesn't matter, watch the clip again, buy some VitaminWater.

No comments:

Post a Comment