Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back from the Flu! Again!

Whoo!

Centuries have passed since I last blogged... see, I've been sick. like way sick. Like so sick I didn't even think about doing a blog until yesterday, but then I got lazy and didn't do it, which is a shame because Hell's Kitchen on Tuesday night was great! I think I had all sorts of witty comments about it, but again, I was way sick, so it could have been like the night after drinking -if you're prone to this type of behavior... not me, I tend to wake up thinking I must have said something stupid. But I imagine some people wake up thinking that they were comic geniuses the night before, when they clearly weren't. Myself? That's part of my everyday experience.

I'm not going to try to go back and recapture the imaginary gold I left on the couch Tuesday night (that could be read wrong... in fact, I don't think there's a way it could be read right. I'm leaving it in.) And I'm not going to try to recount the 65% of last night's Glee that I watched. I will say two things though (one per show).

Hell's Kitchen- I'm going to say more than one thing about this show; It's occurred to me that I totally look forward to Hell's Kitchen every week, and it's almost over. That's sad. Also, RIP Whoopi. I was sad to see her go, I'm in Dave's camp now. That guy's a trooper. I'm hoping it will be him and Ariel in the finals, though I'm not sure how they would kick Kevin out... maybe he'll be exposed as a weasel now that there's only two other chefs.

Glee- Sue is GOLD in this episode! Definitely one of the funnier characters on TV right now.

Which brings me to the body of this blog. I just got done having a texting conversation with my boy Mikey of pissed of cook... uhh... well, not fame per say, but he writes the pissed off cook blog. Anywho, we were discussing our top 5 TV people -I'm positive there's a more elegant way to say that, but unless I fix it in the editing phase of my blog -yeah, I actually edit this tangled mass of tangents- we'll blame it on the lingering flu. We were listing off our top 5 TV personalities fictional or otherwise, and I thought "this is a good idea for my blog". So that's what I'm doing. I've decided to remove order from the list (unless I come back and fix this later) and stretch it to 10.

And, with no further ado, my top 10 TV personalities:

1. Tim Gun, Host of Project Runway
All right, I'll say it, the show sucks. I've never watched a season of it before, so I have no comparison, but I hear it's worse than it used to be, and I'm not at all shocked by that. The one bright spot? Tim Gun. If I could choose a pair of gay fathers, it would be Tim Gun and... Oh, I don't know, Burt Reynolds or something.

2. Steve from Ghost Hunters.
Look, unless you suck it up and watch some Ghost Hunters, I've got nothing else to say about this. -I'll admit, I'm a little thrown off by the aggressiveness of that first sentence, especially because I know that 75% of my readers (namely, The Girlfriend -I'm not sure how that percentage comes out that way either) watches this show. So Steve and this guy -Dave Tango- are Ghost Hunters' answer to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern... or Brian and Stewie, Penn and Teller, Lavern and Shirley, Balkie and Cousin Larry, etc... They're the buddy comedy/comic relief duo of the show. Tango is nothing, he could be a bear in person pants, wouldn't make a difference. But Steve? Steve is great! If I could have Steve incorrectly recap everything story anyone tells me, my life would be infinitely more entertaining.

3. Cat Deeley, hostess of So You Think You Can Dance. We've been through this, she's a delightful 8 ft tall Australian woman. I have nothing else to say about that. Except that her delightfullness is but an extinguished match held up against the light of the Sun that is The Girlfriend's delightfulness.

4. -We may drop this down to 5, I feel like I've been typing forever

4. Barney on How I Met Your Mother.
Ably played by Neil Patrick Harris. I don't have much more to say about this character. I think he's more enjoyable if you've watched from the beginning, but I don't know that he's not enjoyable if you haven't. Also, he may be more enjoyable because he's playing next to Ted (I don't know who plays Ted... don't care) who is actually more of an insufferable shoe-gazer than Zach Braff.

5. -Yup, stopping at 5, I still have to edit this crap.

5. Alton Brown of Good Eats.
I've been watching a lot of Good Eats lately. See, I was sick. sick so I knew I'd be spending most of my time in front of the TV these last couple days. As a result I recorded anything and everything that I thought I'd be even mildly interested in watching. Thus, I recorded every episode of Good Eats I could find. Anyway, Alton's appeal can be summed up best by the following quote from The Girlfriend; "It's a cooking show for smart people!" and it is. If you have any interest in cooking or watching people cook, do yourself a favor and watch an episode of this.

Just for poops and giggles, the next 5 without explanation

6. Michael Scott -The Office
7. Jay -Ghost Hunters
8. Sue -Glee
9. Jeff Probst -Survivor
10. Gord-O -Hell's Kitchen

Now that I've made the list and read back over it. It's crap, don't put any stock in it. I've been reading "High Fidelity" there's a lot of lists, my brain eats that and regurgitates it as this crap. Whoo! Lists!

Anyway, I'm glad I'm back to the blog. Now I'm going away for the weekend. Will I write a blog on The Girlfriend's laptop from Oregon? Doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment