Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A little American Idol, a little crushing news

Do you watch American Idol? Do you love American Idol as I do? I got news for you, kid. This is the end of it. First Paula, now Simon will leave at the end of the season. Can the show survive on the personalities of Kara and Randy? Let me answer that question with another question; no.

But I'm not here to talk about Idol... in this stage of the game. I think it'd be a mess, I'm just not willing to take it on. I will say two things about Chicago: 1) people from there like it too much, it's weird. 2) If your two inspirational stories for the night are "I overcame my parents getting divorced when I was 19" (and "I overcame asthma to become a satisfactory singer", you're in for a slow night. Note: The Fiance brought up a good point about the divorce; they showed a picture of her parents together which was quite old. Perhaps they showed an old photo because that was the most recent picture of her parents together and they actually divorced quite some time ago? Doesn't really matter. Either was it's a poor inspirational story.

You're now starting to wonder if I wrote this entry just to say "I'm not going to write an entry about this". I did not, I wrote this entry for two reasons a) I have nothing... NOTHING! to do at work and b) I have sad, earth shattering news about the "Mike's Blog 100 worst films of all time inspirational contest" (TM); I couldn't find a copy of Hababam sinifi merhaba. I know. Worse? I don't think this is the last time this is going to happen. Anyway, with no other option but to continue down the list, I will continue down the... list.

Next stop: Doogal

No comments:

Post a Comment