Monday, December 7, 2009

Something about shows I haven't seen before

Oh boy,

It's been years and years since I've blogged, so much has changed; people no longer tie a team of horses to their carriages to get from place to place - they now use so called "horse-less carriages". They no longer use block ice to keep out perishable foods cold, they now use "Electric Ice-boxes". I no longer wait for the second, undoubtedly thrilling installment of the Twilight movie series, and most importantly, The Fiance is no longer referred to as "The Girlfriend"... in fact, she will henceforth be referred to as "The Betrothed".
So I've decided (over the last 45 seconds) that I'm in my wheelhouse when talking about new shows -at least shows that are new to me- and recently a reader (or a person who did read my blog, you know, when I used to update it) a reader who -for the sake of anonymity, and because it's funny to me- will be called "Gummer Soff" told me that I should watch "Community" and I did. Here's the thing; is it funny? Yeah. Does it belong in "the squared circle" with the likes of The Office, what appears to be the future of Parks and Rec (that's turning into a good show!), and the ghost of 30 Rock past (that's turning into a not-so-good show)? No, certainly not. If ABC knows what's good for them, they'll -oh- if NBC knows what's good for them, they'll make this a one-season and done series, I just don't see a future in it.
My sister, a non-reader, we'll call -for the sake of anonymity, and because it's funny to me- her "Laura Lester"... crap, that doesn't work with her name... we'll call her "Naura Nester" told me to watch ".... I don't remember the name of the show... it's the one with the guy who played Al Bundy on Married with Children. It doesn't really matter. I didn't watch it. I did record it though, so I might watch it later.

Bam! Blogged!

No comments:

Post a Comment